The cast.app Onboarding Methodology aims to create a smooth onboarding experience that accelerates value realization and drives NRR growth by minimizing churn.
- It’s flexible, persona-tailored, and feedback-oriented, ensuring that the onboarding process contributes to a positive customer journey from the very beginning.
- Since well over 50% of churn can be traced back to substandard onboarding experiences, proper and fast onboarding helps drive NRR growth.
- Proper onboarding accelerates value realization, which is the second most critical reason for investing in onboarding for ALL personas and not just users.
- Like the Customer Journey starts before a prospect becomes a customer (pre-boarding), the Buyer Journey continues beyond the initial sale via revenue expansion (upsells, cross-sells, add-ons, additional licenses or seats, and additional usage revenue).
- Initiate onboarding during the late stages of the prospect phase.
- Set expectations for a fast and successful implementation.
- Provide resources and preparatory content tailored to different personas (e.g., accounts, users, executives).
- Cast.app AI-driven Digital Customer Success Managers (DCSMs) offer personalized onboarding experiences by roles and responsibilities of each user.
- Implement Next Best Action recommendations, avoiding the rigidity of the jobs-to-be-done methodology. JTBD ends up overwhelming users.
- Present the last three achievements and suggest 3 or 4 Next Best Actions to guide users through the onboarding process.
- Use the cast.app workflow that adapts to the user’s progress, avoiding the pitfalls of drip-campaign-driven onboarding.
- The same flexible and capable workflow generates campaigns, presentations, and digital hub pages for each user.
- The generative nature enables Cast.app to support out-of-sequence task completion.
- Provide executives with the necessary insights and information to advocate for implementation and allocate resources efficiently.
Beyond onboarding a new account, cast.app also onboards
- Add-on feature upgrades,
- New products purchased, and
- New users at any point in the customer lifecycle
- Onboard additional features, new products, and new users at any point in the customer lifecycle, ensuring continuous support and guidance.
- Onboarding feedback is essential to refine the onboarding process.
- Customer Effort Score (CES) polling is built-in to cast.app, in addition to Customer Satisfaction (CSAT/OSAT) and NPS polls
- Visually represent the overall steps and progress during Pre-boarding and onboarding to keep users informed without overwhelming them.
- Congratulate users on the last 3 completed tasks.
- Present 3 or 4 next best tasks to complete, ensuring a sense of urgency, achievement, and clarity.
- Success plans and tasks within cast.app are dynamic, allowing for changing needs.
By incorporating these elements into an onboarding methodology, cast.app can offer a personalized, flexible, and customer-focused onboarding experience that begins pre-sale and adapts throughout the customer journey, supporting retention and revenue growth.